Everything You Need to Know About Wilson's New QBX Camps
Get all the info and see scoring results from each of the camps right here.
The Wilson QBX Camp is a Quarterback training camp for all Fall 2022 high school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors: ages 13+. Camps will be run during the Rivals Camp and Combine Series at the same facilities.
Players will run through a variety of drills using Wilson X Connected QB tracking technology, meaning that every ball thrown during certain drills will collect data on the throw. Wilson uses a sensor inside of the ball that tracks every movement. That throw data is valuable from a training and recruiting standpoint so a coach and player can see where they currently stand in regard to their peers. See a visual of the ball with the interior sensor here:
Learn more about how Wilson’s Connected Football Technology is changing the game here.
In addition to testing and measuring their throwing ability, all participants will receive elite QB training, premium access to the Rivals Combine, as well as a free recruiting profile on NCSAsports.org, where the athlete’s throwing metrics will be available for college coaches to review. An NCSA recruiting profile enables players' throwing metrics to be searched for and discovered by more than 6,200 college football coaches in NCSA’s network. Athletes also will have free access to NCSA’s extensive library of NCAA-compliant recruiting information and advice to help them on their best path to college.
Looking for your throw scores from QBX Camp? Use these links:
COST: $30 Camp Fee
- Camp Check-in: 4:30-5:30pm
- QB Training Drills: 5:30pm-6:30pm
- Wilson X Connected Drills: 6:30pm-8:00pm
- Wilson QBX Camp Awards: 8:00pm
WHAT TO BRING: Wear athletic clothes and cleats (no track or metal cleats are allowed)
WHAT WILL BE PROVIDED:
- Wilson X EvoShield compression jersey
- Throwing metrics posted on the Wilson QBX national leaderboard
- Discount Card for Wilson Footballs
- Opportunity to enter a giveaway for an entire set of custom team footballs for your high school team
- Gatorade hydration
- Wilson Footballs will be provided during camp (Personal footballs will NOT be permitted to use during camp)
- Top performers at the Wilson QBX Camp could get an opportunity to participate in the Rivals Camp the following day in the same city.
- Throwing metrics shared with College Coaches
RIVALS COMBINE FAST PASS – Included
With your Wilson QBX Camp purchase, athletes will also receive a Rivals Combine Fast Pass. A Rivals Combine Fast Pass provides Premium Access to the NFL-style combine taking place prior to the Wilson QBX Camp at the same location. Premium Access allows you to bypass all waiting areas and get instant access to the field. Start your combine experience in the morning on fresh turf or later in the afternoon with no waiting in the athlete general admission bleacher section before combine check-in or the bag drop area before testing.
YOUR CAMP EXPERIENCE
Quarterbacks will run through a variety of drills using Wilson X Connected QB tracking technology, meaning that every ball thrown during certain drills will collect data on the throw. That throw data is valuable for the player and coach, from a training and recruiting standpoint. A National Leaderboard will be published so athletes can see their data such as velocity, spiral efficiency, spin rate and release time and how they compare to their peers from across the country.
The Wilson QBX Camp is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to put numbers to your throwing skills. Here's the Wilson X Data Collected:
- SPIN RATE – how fast your ball is spinning in revolutions per minute (rpm). The higher the spin rate, the faster your pass is spiraling. More rapid spinning means the ball can move easier through the air, going faster and further. A good average spin rate is over 650 rpm, with NFL QB’s consistently in the 700-800 range
- SPIRAL EFFICIENCY – how tight your spiral is, on a scale of 1-100%. The tighter your spiral, the more accurate your passes generally are. NFL QB’s are consistently in the low to mid 90’s
- VELOCITY – how fast your pass is moving in miles per hour. NFL QB’s can throw 54-58 mph but sit in the 45-50 range on avg throughout a game. Higher velocity means the ball arrives to target quicker. The fastest ball is not always the best ball, the culmination of all the data points is what makes a good throw
- RELEASE TIME – measures the amount of time it takes to complete throwing motion from breaking of the hands to ball leaving the fingers. Faster release helps to avoid the ball being batted down at the line of scrimmage. Also gives you more time to make the right read. NFL QB’s have an average release time of 0.43 seconds, therefore the faster you can get the ball out, the better.
Ready to register? Use the links below to lock in your spot. All registration links are specific to Wilson QBX Camp.
DATE LOCATION REGISTRATION / RESULTS LINKS
Saturday, March 26, 2022 New Orleans https://register.ryzer.com/camp.cfm?id=206197
Saturday, April 9, 2022 Dallas https://register.ryzer.com/camp.cfm?id=206198
Saturday, April 23, 2022 Indianapolis https://register.ryzer.com/camp.cfm?id=206199
Saturday, May 14, 2022 Philadelphia https://register.ryzer.com/camp.cfm?id=206200
Saturday, May 21, 2022 Atlanta https://register.ryzer.com/camp.cfm?id=206201
Updated September 8, 2022